Linux is KING - Couldn't be hacked - Mac, Vista went down in flames

Dick Seabrook dick.seabrook at gmail.com
Wed Apr 2 19:18:56 UTC 2008

On Wed, Apr 2, 2008 at 3:08 PM, tom <tfreeman at intel.digichem.net> wrote:

> On Wed, 2 Apr 2008, Jim wrote:
>
>  You know, if memory serves, some of the list members are approaching four
> score years. They should remember what they were doing about the time the
> first commercial digital computers were released upon the world.
>
> That would be the UNIVAC I in 1952, which went to the Census Bureau as I
recall.
I was too young for computing -- spent most of the time watching Arthur
Godfrey
and Jerry Lester (remember him?) on TV.   Seems to me that was also the year
Elizabeth II was crowned, Adlai Stevenson lost the election to Ike, etc....
I got a way to go before I hit four-score!
Dick S.
--
Dick Seabrook ~ Anne Arundel Community College
http://enterprise.aacc.edu/~rhs ~ Speed the Net!