OT: Which OS do the candidates run? republican or democratic hitchhiker?

Antonio Olivares olivares14031 at yahoo.com
Thu Apr 3 02:44:23 UTC 2008

Dear all,

I put in OT for this one, I saw several discussions about which OS the candidates run.  Should it make a difference as to who should get the vote?

http://feedblog.org/2008/02/05/obama-runs-linux-clinton-windows-ron-paul-linux/

http://www.douglaskarr.com/2007/06/23/2008-elections-by-server/

On the first page, Obama runs linux on the second, his campaign runs FreeBSD.  Which one is it?

I also got the following message and thought it was interesting.  sorry for the way OT, but it is interesting now that politics and OS's are coming into play.

Regards,

Antonio

PS.  I hope that I did not open a can of worms and would like for any person that is offended to please ignore this message.

Republican or Democratic Hitchhiker

The guy was traveling along Scottsdale Road the other day when one of his tires blew out.
Checking
his spare, he found that it also was flat. His only option was to flag
down a passing motorist and get a ride to the next town.

The first vehicle to stop was an old man in a van. He yelled out the window, "Need a lift?"

"Yes, I sure do," the guy replied.

"You a Republican or Democrat," asked the old man.

"Republican," he replied.

"Well, you can just go to Hell," yelled the old man as he sped off.

Another guy stopped, rolled down the window, and asked the same question.

Again, he gave the same answer, "Republican."

The driver gave him the finger and drove off.

Thinking
it over, he decided that maybe he should change his strategy, since
this area seemed to be overly political and there appeared to be few
Republicans.

The
next car to stop was a red convertible driven by a beautiful blonde.
She smiled seductively and asked if he was a Republican or a Democrat.

"Democrat!", he shouted.

"Hop in!", replied the blonde.

Driving
down the road, he couldn't help but stare at the gorgeous woman in the
seat next to him, the wind blowing through her hair, perfect breasts,
and a short skirt that continued to ride higher and higher up her
thighs.

Finally, he yelled out, "Please stop the car."

She immediately slammed on the brakes and as soon as the car stopped, the guy jumped out.

"What's the matter?", she asked.

"I can't take it anymore," he replied. "I've only been a Democrat for five minutes and already I want to screw somebody."