nvidia driver breaks with pretty much every F8 update

David Kramer david at thekramers.net
Thu Apr 3 02:51:56 UTC 2008

Axel Thimm wrote:
>> Does that mean it will prevent a kernel from getting installed if the
>> matching kmdls are not available?
>
> No, I didn't want a security update to be ladt off if it missed a
> kmdl. But if you install a kernel the moment it gets released (and
> therefore there are no kmdls yet available) once the kmdls are there
> yum-plugin-kmdl will make yum update get them for you.

.. but this is a Bad Thing when it comes to nvdia, because the next time
  you reboot, X won't start for a few days.  In fact, most kmdls are
pretty important for day-to-day operations.  Clearly I can see how
someone else would want it to work the way you designed it, but that SO
doesn't work for me.

But thanks for explaining it.