ssh only after login

Konstantin Svist fry.kun at gmail.com
Thu Apr 3 17:33:13 UTC 2008

Matthew Saltzman wrote:
> On Thu, 2008-04-03 at 13:00 +0200, Christoph Höger wrote:
>
>> I did not disable the Network startup in the boot process (at least I
>> see the "error no cable connected" message often).

Every time you get that message, the network won't connect until you log
in. Of course, if the cable _was_ plugged in, you should be able to ssh.

> You should, if you are using NM.  Or disable NM if you are using the
> network service.

Actuallly, I've found that NM still works quite well even if eth0 has
been enabled during bootup. Exactly for the same reason as Christoph -
to SSH remotely while no user is logged in.
But maybe that's just me :)