nvidia driver breaks with pretty much every F8 update

Waleed Harbi waleed.harbi at gmail.com
Thu Apr 3 17:44:24 UTC 2008

Try download nvidia driver from Nvidia web site, then download the
kernel-dev rpm via yum after that start the installation in level 3.
Nvidia they have driver for linux, and it is working fine with me.

On Thu, Apr 3, 2008 at 8:31 PM, Gene Heskett <gene.heskett at verizon.net>
wrote:

> On Thursday 03 April 2008, Robin Laing wrote:
> >Axel Thimm wrote:
> the

> time
> pretty
> else
> work
> >>
> >> Well, one can change the plugin to behave as you want, but indeed most
> >> users wanted to be asyncronous and not be held back by any third party
> >> in getting their vendor updates.
> >>
> >> If you want to experiment: In the loop where it checks whether a kmdl
> >> exists or not just add in the case of a failure for a lookup to unmark
> >> the kernel for installation. Or to add UPDATEDEFAULT=no to
> >> /etc/sysconfig/kernel before installing it.
> >
> >What you are discussing is exactly what dkms is supposed to correct.
> >
> >dkms(8) - Linux man page
> >http://linux.die.net/man/8/dkms
> >
> >dkms is a framework which allows kernel modules to be dynamically built
> >for each kernel on your system in a simplified and organized fashion.
> >

> >Since I moved to dkms, I have not had any issues with nvidia drivers on
> >any machine.  :)
> >
> Humm, can you say that for post 2.6.25-rc0 kernels?  I don't think so,
> Robin.
>
> --
> Cheers, Gene
> -Ed Howdershelt (Author)
> Money cannot buy love, nor even friendship.
>
> --

Yours,
Waleed Harbi
If you want your goals to come true, don't sleep