Punch Cards.

Dick Seabrook dick.seabrook at gmail.com
Fri Apr 4 16:44:24 UTC 2008

On Fri, Apr 4, 2008 at 9:50 AM, Matthew Saltzman <mjs at clemson.edu> wrote:

> The discussion reminds me of the line printer art from those days:
> copies of the Mon Lisa, an Albert Einstein portrait, a pinup, and
> others, and IBM 1403 chain printer music
> (http://staging.computerhistory.org/exhibits/highlights/).
> --
>                Matthew Saltzman
>
> Clemson University Math Sciences
> mjs AT clemson DOT edu
> http://www.math.clemson.edu/~mjs <http://www.math.clemson.edu/%7Emjs>
>
> Yeah we had a few of those ASCII art and sound programs for the
1403.   Funniest program I recall played songs using the 7094 tape
shakers.  If the drives couldn't read a tape they'd shake it back and
forth rapidly about 20 times and then try again before skipping a block.
We had 16 drives and you could hear them hum the songs all over
the building.
Dick S.

--
Dick Seabrook ~ Anne Arundel Community College
http://enterprise.aacc.edu/~rhs ~ Speed the Net!