yum could not parse file?

Rahul Sundaram sundaram at fedoraproject.org
Fri Apr 4 20:14:58 UTC 2008

Tom Horsley wrote:
> I've been seeing this for a while now, anyone have any idea what
> it is about? (Seems to be harmless):
>
> Could not parse file '/usr/share/applications/kde/AdobeReader.desktop': No such file or directory
>
> Every time yum updates firefox or gimp I seem to get this during update
> or cleanup or both.

Nothing much to do with yum itself.

When you install applications that have .desktop files, a post
installation script is run as part of the RPM package to update the menu
entry when checks for .desktop files under /usr/share/applications. For
some reason, it cannot parse the above mentioned file. Take a look and
see if you can fix it.

Rahul