chmod 666 ///

Tim ignored_mailbox at yahoo.com.au
Tue Apr 8 10:49:15 UTC 2008

Bruce:
> I apologize. I was just trying to make it faster for those
> following the thread and still understandable for those who
> hadn't been following before but were interested now.

That's what interspersed posting is for (as per this post).  You only
include what's needed, reply directly below the parts you're responding
to, keeping the whole thing short.  If someone needs to see more,
they've got the prior mail to go back and have a look at.

> By the way, I searched for the guidelines at the Fedora-List
> Info Page today and couldn't find them.

http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Communicate
The "Mailing Lists" section leads to:
The "If You Are Replying to a Message.." section

Bottom posting is another way, where you reply completely below the
prior post, without interspersing comments.  Though this can make it
harder to figure out what's in response to what, especially with some
people who don't communicate very well.  Either way, trim out the stuff
that really isn't needed (i.e. three generations of messages aren't
usually needed, and you usually don't need the whole of the prior post).

Top posting doesn't help.  If we have to refer back to what you're
replying to, we've got to scroll up and down, reading backwards.  Crappy
full-quote bottom posting doesn't help, just as badly.

 important to the thread.)

I read messages from the public lists.