'ls' hangs FC6

Mark Haney mhaney at ercbroadband.org
Thu Apr 10 12:23:41 UTC 2008

Mogens Kjaer wrote:
> Mark Haney wrote:
>> So you think this is inode/disk related?
>
> Before we see the output of strace we would
> be guessing.
>
> Another thing to check is NIS/YP. Do you run this?
> This could hang the lookups of user/group information.
>
> Mogens

I'll post the strace as soon as I get back from an appt, but to answer
your immediate question, no I don't run NIS/Yp on that box anymore and
haven't for almost 2 years.  It does run use ldap for authentication,
but the user/group that owns said directories is root and shouldn't be a
problem, I wouldn't think.

Mark Haney
Sr. Systems Administrator
ERC Broadband
(828) 350-2415

Call (866) ERC-7110 for after hours support