Cannot use wifi network card Prism isl3886 on F8

Jeroen Lankheet admin1 at lankheet.com
Thu Apr 10 20:24:21 UTC 2008

Hi all,

I'm trying to use my PCI wireless network card on Fedora 8 which is an
'Intersil Corporation ISL3886 [Prism Javelin/Prism Xbow]
My dmesg shows that there was no firmware available for the isl3886.
So I went to the prism54.org site and grabbed a few PCI firmware images
and linked them to /lib/firmware/isl3886 one by one.
Each of the versions tried (2.3.2.0.arm, 2.7.0.0.arm and
p54pci_1.0.4.3.arm) result in a long list of eth2 failures starting with
a reset failure.
Is there another way to get this working?

Regards,
Jeroen lankheet