CORBA errors on GNOME login [SOLVED, partially]

Matthew Saltzman mjs at clemson.edu
Fri Apr 11 12:10:11 UTC 2008

On Fri, 2008-04-11 at 16:17 +0930, Tim wrote:
> Tim:
> >> Are you saving your sessions on log-out (either manually or
> >> automatically).  If so, perhaps that's where the fault is creeping
> >> in.
>
> Matthew Saltzman:
> > I am, in fact.  That may explain why active ones are being preserved,
> > but doesn't explain what keeps starting them, or why they don't die
> > when finished.
>
> Hmm, while I don't know about the CORBA issue, have you now gone through
> your sessions preferences, and removed any saved ones?  (So you don't
> start them again, next time.)

Yes, there is only one krb5-auth-dialog entry in session preferences now
(and it was not grouped with the ones I deleted, which appeared together
in the list).

I just checked my other F8 system and there were a bunch of extra
krb5-auth-dialog processes listed in the session preferences.  In the
State field, they all (but one) had an "unplugged" icon.  The remaining
one (not grouped with the others had a "life preserver" icon.
Apparently, not enough were running to slow the login process, though.

I'll keep an eye on that now and see if the number grows and if I can
figure out why.

--
                Matthew Saltzman

Clemson University Math Sciences