looking for thread about backup using ssh -T

Mike Wright mike.wright at mailinator.com
Sat Apr 12 20:15:33 UTC 2008

Hi all,

There was a fascinating thread about using ssh to do backups to a remote
host without using a term.  Something like:

     "tar jc some_dir | ssh -T user at remote cat > backup"

Tried the examples and then some --- works great!

I seem to have fat-fingered the delete key and have lost that email
thread and try for the life of me can't find it again.

Anybody with a better memory than me (probably everybody) remember it?

TIA,
Mike Wright :m)