looking for thread about backup using ssh -T

Waleed Harbi waleed.harbi at gmail.com
Sun Apr 13 09:07:11 UTC 2008

I prefer rsync over ssh but you need ssh keys, here example:
$ rsync -avz -e ssh remoteuser at remotehost:/remote/dir /this/dir/

http://troy.jdmz.net/rsync/index.html

I hope help you.

On Sat, Apr 12, 2008 at 11:15 PM, Mike Wright <mike.wright at mailinator.com>
wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> There was a fascinating thread about using ssh to do backups to a remote
> host without using a term.  Something like:
>
>    "tar jc some_dir | ssh -T user at remote cat > backup"
>
> Tried the examples and then some --- works great!
>
> I seem to have fat-fingered the delete key and have lost that email thread
> and try for the life of me can't find it again.
>
> Anybody with a better memory than me (probably everybody) remember it?
>
> TIA,
> Mike Wright :m)
>
> --

Yours,
Waleed Harbi
If you want your goals to come true, don't sleep