USB devices dissapear: HAL shuts down on it's own

Robin Laing Robin.Laing at drdc-rddc.gc.ca
Tue Apr 15 15:29:03 UTC 2008

Steven P. Ulrick wrote:
> On Mon, 14 Apr 2008 11:09:51 -0600
> Robin Laing <Robin.Laing at drdc-rddc.gc.ca> wrote:
>
> Hello, Robin
>> I have had two Antec power supplies fail on me.  In both cases the
>> +5V rail was going low.  In one case it took out my DVD burner.
>>
>> The MB voltage monitor didn't show any problems but my digital volt
>> meter did.  On further investigation, I found that many people had
>> the same issues with Antec power supplies and even have a fix for the
>> problem online.
>
> I will continue to look online for this fix that you referred to, but I
> have not found it as of yet.  Just in case, could you post a link to
> the fix?
>
> Thank you,
> Steven P. Ulrick

It involved adding some trim pots and resistors to the various vsense
lines to allow adjusting of the voltages back into spec.

I did a search for +antec +vsense and came across this.

http://forums.extremeoverclocking.com/t97195.html

Looks like it could be the one I printed.

This is almost my exact tale.
http://www.pjrc.com/about/rambling/antec.html
--
Robin Laing