Boot option question

Mark Haney mhaney at ercbroadband.org
Tue Apr 15 18:36:23 UTC 2008

max bianco wrote:
> On Tue, Apr 15, 2008 at 2:14 PM, Patrick Baldwin
> <Patrick.Baldwin at studsvik.com> wrote:
>> Mark Haney wrote:

  As an additional note
> you should be careful manipulating one OS files from the other OS it
> can lead to problems. If I were you I wouldn't let Windows see or
> manipulate the Linux partition.

> Max

I completely agree with Max.  Using one OS to edit another OS's files is
a bad idea all around if one of the OS's is Windows.  Linux to linux is
fine, heck, Unix to Linux is probably okay, but the rule of thumb for me
(YMMV) is like for like.

Mark Haney
Sr. Systems Administrator
ERC Broadband
(828) 350-2415

Call (866) ERC-7110 for after hours support