No Network

max bianco maximilianbianco at gmail.com
Wed Apr 16 14:05:11 UTC 2008

On Wed, Apr 16, 2008 at 12:00 AM, Luke Sheldrick
<luke+fedora at sheldrick.co.uk> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
>  I use fedora 8 on a couple of my remote servers, desktops and my laptop,
> and all are absolutely fine.
>
>  Tonight I set out to build a new NAS server, and again used FC8, this time
> however I install x.
>
>  The problem now is, the box is unreachable until I log in at the terminal,
> I assume this is something to do the the NM Applet needs to load?
>
>  Is there a way to get around this?

 There was a thread a few weeks ago about why fedora makes a terrible
server. People came in on both sides of the issue. Bottom line Fedora
is a moving target. You probably know this already . There was a
thread called "ssh only after login" mentioned by other responder,
that sounds like what you want. Personally I use FreeNAS for storage.
If you don't get F8 going the way you want it and time is of the
essence, check it out.

www.freenas.org

Max