Biometrics

max bianco maximilianbianco at gmail.com
Thu Apr 17 19:32:30 UTC 2008

2008/4/17 Chris <racerx at makeworld.com>:
> On Thu, 17 Apr 2008 10:44:58 -0700
>  Rick Stevens <ricks at nerd.com> wrote:
>
>  > Chris wrote:
>  > > Greetings,
>  > >
>  > > I have this nifty laptop that I removed XP from but would love to
>  > > use the fingerprint reader.
>  > >
>  > > Is there such software to use w/Fedora?
>  >
>  > Depends on the scanner.  On my HP DV6000, libfprint works.  It's an
>  > AuthenTec scanner with a USB ID of 08ff:2580.
>
>  I'm guessin not then. Modprobe uinput returns nothing and dmsg isn't
>  much help either.
>

>  --
>  Best regards,
>
>  Chris
>
>  ()  ascii ribbon campaign - against html e-mail
>  /\  www.asciiribbon.org   - against proprietary attachments
>
>         "There's no place like 127.0.0.1"
>
> --

Last time I looked the fingerprint scanners were easy to trick. I
chalked it up to a waste of time to even bother with it. They any
better now? I 'll see if I can dig up the how-to, I'm sure someone
will ask. Now a retinal scanner that would be fun to play with and
hopefully hard to impossible to beat.

Max