OT: Programming in C

max maximilianbianco at gmail.com
Fri Apr 18 00:22:14 UTC 2008

max wrote:
> Robert P. J. Day wrote:
>> On Mon, 7 Apr 2008, max bianco wrote:
>>
>>> I want to learn C and I know there are quite a few programmers on this
>>> list.  I am looking for a couple of good books on learning C. I am not
>>> exactly a beginner but I am no expert and i would like to start going
>>> over everything from scratch.  So if I could get some referrals to a
>>> couple of books I would greatly appreciate it. I am looking for a good
>>> thorough beginners guide to C and also something for the intermediate
>>> programmer as I expect to get through the former in fairly short
>>> order. I ultimately will be directing my efforts at kernel hacking.
>>
>> get "harbison & steele" and start reading the kernel source.
>>
>> rday
>> --

>> Robert P. J. Day
>> Linux Consulting, Training and Annoying Kernel Pedantry:
>>     Have classroom, will lecture.
>>
>> http://crashcourse.ca                          Waterloo, Ontario, CANADA
>>

> My thanks too all who have responded. I finally ordered a book off
> Amazon "Programming C" by Stephen Kochan. I will always be monitoring
> this thread so keep the advice, nostalgic recollections, and etc coming,
> you can rest assured someone is reading it, even if I don't respond for
> a while.
>
> Thanks to all,
>
> Max
Book arrived today. Already started reading it. Came with a plastic bag
for "Cell Phones for Soldiers" donations. I'd love to see the look on my
boss's face if i stuck his phone in there and shipped it off to Iraq.
The battery life sucks or i Might just do that....anyway I am not trying
to start a political debate but if you can send something  to the boys
and girls in the desert that doesn't explode i'm sure they'd appreciate
it. I know I would. Anyway i ain't givin nothin to no soldier, I'm
callin it "Cell phones for Jarheads" Semper Fi!!

Max