low power tv

Tom Poe tompoe at fngi.net
Fri Apr 18 05:52:26 UTC 2008

g wrote:
> things just got interesting. part 15.247 does not really apply as i would have
> expected it to be.
>
> from what i have found so far, i can see that there is more to find and read.
>
> from what i have found and read, i will say this, go for it.
>
> as long as what ever system you use is within guide lines of part 15, you
> should be safe.
>
> i do recommend that you get full part 15 and read thru it to be familiar with
> what you are dealing with.
>
> in using such low power, you will be limited to near 'line of sight' coverage
> and you may get some degrading due to terrain, buildings and such.
>
> over all, your intent of use may be satisfied with results you want. as was
> said, $80 is not much to spend on such equipment.
>

> - --
>
> tc,hago.

> .

There's lots of activity when I type keywords, video conference distance
learning, but nothing at the no budget level, yet.  Seems like there's
going to be a server/client network description someplace.  The server
most likely has to have a way to manage connections/cam screens, so what
is that, distance learning dashboard, or something?  I'm also thinking
there may be requirement for specialized video card/tuner card
capability for handling video feeds into the server.  Does that make sense?
Tom