Samsung printer woes

Da Rock rock_on_the_web at comcen.com.au
Fri Apr 18 08:39:31 UTC 2008

Right now I'm going to have rant:

I'm seriously pissed off at this SELinux. As near as I can see it does
bugger all, but when it stuffs up or gets in the way it does a right
royal job of it!

Now that thats out of the way, I installed the drivers and software
nicely supplied by Samsung (unified linux drivers for mfp) which can
only be installed by root. Root can't print- and is stopped by SELinux,
and users can't print because the cups setup is root. Shouldn't this be
simpler? Any thoughts on what I can do here?