Hosed Grub with the push of a button

max maximilianbianco at gmail.com
Sat Apr 19 01:42:44 UTC 2008

Jim Cornette wrote:
> max bianco wrote:
>>>  I guess his best option would be to wipe out the partition table and
>>> then
>>> press the "easy button". Afterward he could setup his alternative
>>> installation. (Or cover up the button.)
>>>
>>>  Jim
>>>
>> Installing any OS, especially Windows is so easy a monkey could do it.
>> If you need a button to do it, then you are not qualified to use a
>> computer. All you have to do is hit next about 8 times in a row to
>> install fedora.
>>
>> Max
>>

> Installing it is easy but getting all the drivers is a pain. I don't
> suggest putting the button there in easy to access places. The laptop
> that I have uses the F12 key to put it back to factory condition during
> POST. I had to use it after buying a demo which was password protected
> and who knows what else was on it other than a changed password. It
> served the purpose of starting out clean, very easily.
>
> Jim

Ubuntu. The rest that like to get under the hood can learn(like me) or
already(have learned) know. Besides which most of the world needs to get
thrown into the deep end. The tech sector is cutting jobs too. The good
administrators and other knowledgeable folk will survive but those that
make a living setting up printers, cleaning spyware, changing user
passwords, etc(simple or pointless stuff) will soon have to learn much
more to stay competitive or they will find themselves out of jobs. I
personally wouldn't hire someone who couldn't setup their own connection
to the network printer provided the proper information. Sink or swim!!

Max