F8 update kills KDE

David Boles dgboles at gmail.com
Sun Apr 20 14:27:58 UTC 2008

Patrick O'Callaghan wrote:
> On Sat, 2008-04-19 at 20:23 -0700, Antonio Olivares wrote:
>
> I don't know if it's actually *possible* to install Fedora without
> Gnome, but I take your point.

You can install Fedora and chose to not install the GNOME desktop. Since GNOME
is the default you have to actively chose *not* to install it. You have to
uncheck the box.

> Fair enough. My original post was in answer to a question about whether
> KDE was a "second-class citizen" in Fedora, which is why I didn't
> mention other desktops, but of course the same comments apply to them as
> well.

Fedora has a very active team that works on KDE. Calling KDE "a "second-class
citizen" in Fedora" would hurt their feeling I would think.  ;-)

--

   David