low power tv

Tim ignored_mailbox at yahoo.com.au
Tue Apr 22 03:43:16 UTC 2008

On Fri, 2008-04-18 at 11:21 -0500, Tom Poe wrote:
> You're way too real world for me.  Looks like you were at the
> Planning Committee meeting on Monday night.  You should have let me
> know.  :)
>
> So, rather than move the discussion forward, the next thing I know,
> they had decided to form yet another committee to draft a report on
> their findings about FTTH, and its feasibility to complete by 2020.

I had thought about including committees in the list, too.  ;-)  You
give them a list of all the possible options, they ignore them and
decide that they want to do something impossible or incredibly stupid...

> Ekiga is still a geeky thing for me.  What about Skype?  Would that be
> possible without Internet access?  Maybe xten's lite softphone might
> work?

Skype's proprietary.  As far as I'm aware, only Skype devices can talk
to each other.  Tough luck if you have another VOIP thingo that you
prefer to use, tough luck if you want to call someone using a different
protocol.  They've not learnt anything from the umpteen year long
debacle of separate IM protocols.  i.e. If you're on MSN and your friend
uses Yahoo, one of you has to switch protocols.  Then when it comes to
chatting with another friend, the same applies, or one of you has to use
both protocols.

I've tried XTen's thing, it's wierd to set up and use.

 important to the thread.)

I read messages from the public lists.