help: monitor power supply lines

Robin Laing Robin.Laing at drdc-rddc.gc.ca
Tue Apr 22 16:38:39 UTC 2008

yordy wrote:
> hi, there is any application for monitor x volt lines of my power
> supply? under windows i have a sw by intel that come with my
> motherboard. but under linux i don't know how to do that. any body
> know a application for that?
>
> recently i assembled my new pc: - intel board DG33BU - intel core 2
> duo E6750 - 2 GB ddr2 kingston KVR667D2N5 - western digital caviar
> 160 gb WD1600AAJS - lg dvd-rw 20X
>
> i buy a power supply pure power TR2 430W of thermaltake
> (http://www.thermaltakeusa.com/product/Power/tr2power/w006970/w006970.asp)
> but under windows many warnings bring to me:
>
> [Processor Vccp] out of recommended interval.(0,000 V) [+3.3 Volts]
> out of recommended interval.(0,000 V) [+12 Volts] out of recommended
> interval.(0,000 V)
>
> many people say to me that this power supply is fine for the hw that
> i have, but, i need more that 430W?
>
> i need a sw for monitor power supply lines under linux to check this
> here again.
>
> greetings
>

> ______________________________________________ Enviado desde Correo
> Yahoo! La bandeja de entrada más inteligente.

First, don't fully trust the voltages provided by the motherboard.  If
you need accurate voltages, you have to adjust (Calibrate) the voltages
to an accurate reading.  I ran through this with two power supplies that
the MB said were good but had 5V rails that were .5 volts low.  One DVD
burner later I found out.

Install lm-sensors and either ksensors or gnome-applet-sensors.  You can
adjust the accuracy of the sensors by playing with the configuration files.

http://www.lm-sensors.org/

--
Robin Laing