Fedora Desktop future- RedHat moves

Rahul Sundaram sundaram at fedoraproject.org
Thu Apr 24 22:38:06 UTC 2008

Les Mikesell wrote:

> But I think it would be absolutely hilarious if some other distribution
> is  the first to include fedora directory server and jboss either
> included or as installable packages.

Fedora has included Fedora directory server for the past couple of
releases already. JBoss isn't there since Fedora includes OpenJDK 6 in
the development branch and JBoss is certified against a older version.

Red Hat developing some code that first gets included in some other
distribution all the time. That is the nature of free and open source
software. Nothing hilarious about it.

Rahul