Fedora Desktop future- RedHat moves

Daniele Guazzoni daniele.guazzoni at gcomm.ch
Thu Apr 24 23:06:01 UTC 2008

Les Mikesell wrote:
> Yes, but... I still have a couple of machines running RH 7.3 that have
> never crashed and one of which had a 4+ year uptime run.  I don't think
> fedora is likely to match that.

Well, if I want a stable system I'm likely not using Fedora.
The Fedora project was clearly declared a "cutting-edge" so don't expect 100% stability or compatibility.
My last DNS was running on OpenBSD 2.1 for over 7 years, with a short downtime to swap a disk.

Arthur Pemberton wrote:
>If you're getting paid for this, you may want to consider building
>(and contributing) a few system-config tools yourself. Seems like it
>would be relevant to your work.

There would be a conflict with the company policy...
I'm not allowed to distribute code which relates to my work.

But yes, I'm an 120% convinced open-source and community-development guy.

dangerous content by MailGate, and is
believed to be clean.