start.fedoraproject.org

Jim Cornette fc-cornette at insight.rr.com
Fri Apr 25 02:42:21 UTC 2008

Tom Horsley wrote:
> Just for curiosity, why would you want to jerk my initial firefox display
> away from my home page to this http://start.fedoraproject.org/ page?
>
> It has got to be the single most uninformative web page ever created. Almost
> nothing on it, but what is there absolute gibberish :-). This is the web page
> you want everyone to see every time they update firefox?

Unless you go to the same site every time you launch a browser, this is
a good start page in my view. The few links take you further.

Usually I use Google when launching for information. Otherwise I use
bookmarks which I add or delete depending on current interests.

Maybe it should not change homepages once the person changes it to their
primary interest site. Initially with installation I find the page very
apropriate for the distribution.

Jim

--
Justice always prevails ... three times out of seven!
		-- Michael J. Wagner