Fedora Desktop future- RedHat moves

Craig White craigwhite at azapple.com
Fri Apr 25 03:23:50 UTC 2008

On Thu, 2008-04-24 at 23:13 -0400, max bianco wrote:
> I am as guilty as anyone of breaking the rules, its just fun to do
> sometimes. I haven't been on this list very long but  I try to do as
> the romans do, in anycase lets do as the romans suggest and get back
> on topic.
>
> Someone said that ubuntu was better or apparently better than Fedora.
> I asked how and no one answered me. Now I am not saying that anyone
> must answer me, but if someone can tell me that would be great because
> i think i was the only one to question this statement, which implies
> that everyone else agrees with it, which of course makes me wonder why
> all of you use Fedora instead of ubuntu, or do you actually use
> Fedora?
----
there is no better...only different

Ubuntu distributes proprietary, binary blobs, and incompatible license
software which tends to make some things easier for users like playing
mp3's whereas Fedora will never play an mp3 on install without either
setting up a third party repo like livna or buying the fluendo codecs.

Craig