Why Restart & Shutdown Buttons on login screen

Jim Cornette fc-cornette at insight.rr.com
Fri Apr 25 10:31:39 UTC 2008

"Rahul Tidke" wrote:
> Hello All,
>   I wonder about these buttons on gnome desktop; do we really need these
> buttons on login screen? Reboot and shutdown allowed before login for any
> user??
>
> Thank You.
>

> Regards
> Technical Support
> Excelize Software Pvt. Ltd.
> http://www.excelize.com

Having additional options there come in handy for some purposes. They do
not inhibit usage but give additional functionality.

The newer version of gdm even has a clock in it. I wondered what
usefulness for a clock when you only briefly are at login. I would not
fight to have it removed but wondered why it is there and moved on with
logging in.

Jim

--
Justice always prevails ... three times out of seven!
		-- Michael J. Wagner