firefox and mplayer issue

Carlos Alberto Alves drcaa at predialnet.com.br
Sat Apr 26 18:07:07 UTC 2008

Hi Jerry!
This is my "plugin" folder list: flashplayer.xpt
mplayerplug-in-qt.so   mplayerplug-in-wmp.xpt
libflashplayer.so       mplayerplug-in-qt.xpt  mplayerplug-in.xpt
libjavaplugin_oji.so    mplayerplug-in-rm.so   nphelix.so
libnullplugin.so        mplayerplug-in-rm.xpt  nphelix.xpt
mplayerplug-in-dvx.so   mplayerplug-in.so      nppdf.so
mplayerplug-in-dvx.xpt  mplayerplug-in-wmp.so

Gerhard Magnus wrote:
> I can't get mplayer to work with firefox anymore. I'm using firefox
> 2.0.0.14. Running yum install mplayerplug-in gives
>
> Package gecko-mediaplayer - 0.6.1-1.lvn8.i386 already installed and
> latest version
> Nothing to do
>
> but the plugin directory only contains this:
>
> root at PuteB Sat Apr 26 08:35:38
> [336] /usr/lib/firefox-2.0.0.14/plugins $ ls
> libflashplayer.so  libnullplugin.so  libunixprintplugin.so
>
> What else do I need to copy there?
> Thanks for the help!  --Jerry

* Carlos Alberto Alves                       *
* Child Neurologist                          *
* Systems Analyst/ASUS Certified Professional*
* Rio de Janeiro, Brazil                     *
* Skype: carlos-aa                           *
* mailto:drcaa at click21.com.br                *
* mailto:drcaa at predialnet.com.br             *