low power tv

jdow jdow at earthlink.net
Sun Apr 27 06:12:33 UTC 2008

From: "Ed Greshko" <Ed.Greshko at greshko.com>
Sent: Monday, 2008, April 21 15:33

>g wrote:
>
>> also, you should have a look at part 15.??? that it refers to.
>
> I am not sure what your obsession is with FCC part 15 is.  If you look at
> almost any manual for a Wifi Access Point you'll find a reference to the
> device being tested and in compliance with the FCC part 15 regulations.
> My DLink even goes so far as to explain "These limits are designed to
> provide reasonable protection against harmful interference in a
> residential installation......".

Heh, they do not define to whom it might be "harmful interference." part 15
users are at the bottom of the ladder with stuff flowing down hill. All the
other
official users of the spectrum space are free to tromp on the part 15
stations
to their heart's content and the part 15 uses must adapt or accept the
situation.

(And for everyone's reference, part 15 regulations ARE on line at fcc.gov.
But be prepared for a moderately technical slog through them.)

{^_-}