fedora 9 pre release

Paulo Cavalcanti promac at gmail.com
Sun Apr 27 12:39:48 UTC 2008

On Sun, Apr 27, 2008 at 3:54 AM, Rahul Sundaram <sundaram at fedoraproject.org>
wrote:

> jdow wrote:
>
>  Rahul, turning your words back on you feel free to explain the technical
> > issues. This issue has raised enough dust it might be wise to help the
> > dust settle.
> >

> I already did that in the first mail in this thread.

Hi,

I understand the issue, specially when one has USB sound cards involved.

However, I have two questions, since I also understood, following the cited
thread,
that there will be no more "sound lines" in modprobe.conf:

1) How does one pass module options to alsa?
Currently, I have this line in my modprobe.conf.

options snd-hda-intel position_fix=1 model=ref

2) If one should no longer specify the index of a sound card (for instance,
the onboard being always card 0),
in modprobe.conf, what is the appropriate way to specify a certain sound
card in a script?

Thanks.

--
Paulo Roma Cavalcanti