Fedora Desktop future- RedHat moves

David Boles dgboles at gmail.com
Mon Apr 28 00:00:03 UTC 2008

Bob Kinney wrote:

> [...]

Microsoft *pays* a fee to provide the codecs to play mps3. Why? Because you
have to *pay* for the software. You (users) pay for Microsoft Windows.

The distributions that provide these codecs, and all, also reside in countries
where this is illegal. But third world countries chose to not enforce the
laws. Hence they exist.

Illegal to do but not worth the effort (money/benefit) to bother with at this
time. Music *used* to be that way. As did Napster. As did bittorent pirated
movies.

If a man provides you an apple, that is not his to give away (stolen), and you
take it? Look up 'receiving stolen property'. I'm not an attorney but that
sounds about right for this.

--

   David