So Long and Thanks for All the Fish

Tim ignored_mailbox at yahoo.com.au
Mon Apr 28 06:55:38 UTC 2008

Tim:
>> You may not want the disc ejected.  You might want it to stay in the
>> drive, so the computer boots the live disc again, without anyone
>> having to put the disc back in the drive.

Charles Curley:
> Handy if you are planning to reboot to the same CD. Not so handy if
> you are planning to reboot to a different one or shut the machine
> down. With the Debian live CDs, if you plan to reboot to the same one,
> you simply leave it in the drive. The boot firmware will usually close
> the drive, and away you go.

Not all drives can do that, and you mayn't want a disc sticking out for
someone to remove.  There's swings and roundabouts to this, but I'd say
that if you were going to swap discs anyway, it's not hard for someone
to press eject and swap them.

 important to the thread.)

I read messages from the public lists.