Can't Delete Large Files

kubota2550 at gmail.com kubota2550 at gmail.com
Mon Apr 28 14:05:17 UTC 2008

I'm running Zoneminder video surveillance on Fedora 8.  I had something
happen to cause some database corruption.  I then started getting hundreds
of zero size files being dumped into the events directory.

I've cleaned up everything except now I can't delete the large directories.
I have 6 directories totaling 180 GB of space.  I've tried rm -rf to the
directories and the system literally hangs for days and the directories
still aren't deleted.

How can I delete the huge directories and underlying files?  Running ext3.