Java + Firefox

Timothy Murphy gayleard at eircom.net
Mon Apr 28 19:52:56 UTC 2008

Knute Johnson wrote:

>>Should the Firefox Java plugin work with Fedora-8 IcedTea Java?
>>Does anyone have it working?
>>Is there some setting one has to make?
>
> It works fine but there are some things it doesn't do.  Check to see
> if it is installed and registered, type "about:plugin" in the address
> line of Firefox and press <ENTER>.  You should see an entry for the
> Java plugin.
>
> If you need full functionality for Java you need to get Sun's Java.
> See my website for instructions to get and install it.
>
> http://rabbitbrush.frazmtn.com/sun-java-on-F8.html

Thanks for your help.
Your document is very lucid.

I do actually have "GCJ Web Browser Plugin 1.4",
which says "The GCJ Web Browser Plugin executes Java applets".

But I don't actually have any urgent need to see Java applets with Firefox,
so I guess I'll wait until everything works with IcedTea (Fedora 9?).