f8: PC dies while using firefox

Alan Cox alan at lxorguk.ukuu.org.uk
Mon Apr 28 21:57:30 UTC 2008

On Mon, 28 Apr 2008 16:27:10 -0500
Renich Bon Ciric <renich at woralelandia.com> wrote:

> On Mon, 2008-04-28 at 13:00 +0100, Alan Cox wrote:
> > Are they keyboard lights flashing ?
> Nope, lights stay on, regardless of what I press. Only the ones that
> where on, stay on, example: num lock: on, caps lock: off, scroll lock:
> off

Ok - the kernel flashes the lights when it detects a crash that is why I
ask.

> > Are you using the Nvidia drivers ?
> Yes

Then you probably need to talk to Nvidia as they have source for their
drivers and our kernel but the same is not true. If the box used to be
reliable and isn't then I'd also see what happens if you

- boot an older kernel
- check the box isn't overheating, fans failed etc
- try running for a while with the nv driver not the nvidia 3d driver

that may give good idea as to what is going on (alas 'it froze' isn't a
good diagnostic in itself)

Alan