Sound input problems on Shuttle SN68PTG5

Michael Schwendt mschwendt at gmail.com
Tue Apr 29 18:33:26 UTC 2008

On Tue, 29 Apr 2008 18:49:12 +0100, Mike Evans wrote:

> Les wrote:
>
> >> Well I found a comment about Skype not running with Pulse so I used the
> >> pasuspender program to run Audacity.  It didn't help.  Do you think that
> >> will have been good enough?  Otherwise do you have any guidance on how
> >> to disable it and re-enable it?
>
> >> Mike
> >>
> > I simply removed it using the Add/Remove software GUI.  Everything
> > worked after that.
> > Regards,
> > Les H
> >

> Well I've removed pulse completely, rebooted and sadly no improvement.
> I really think the problem is that the drivers are not right or are not
> being configured correctly when loaded.  I wonder if I might get some
> help from either Shuttle or Realtek - or nVidia even.

Just out of interest, is it the same with this newer Audacity version?

  http://mschwendt.fedorapeople.org/audacity/audacity-1.3.4-0.4.20080123cvs.fc8.i386.rpm

There's also a x86_64 build in the same directory.

Also, try "alsamixer" in a terminal and mute as many input/effect
channels as possible.

--
Fedora release 8 (Werewolf) - Linux 2.6.23.15-137.fc8
loadavg: 2.19 1.73 1.64