Program killed as soon as it starts to run

Paul Smith phhs80 at gmail.com
Wed Apr 30 18:22:46 UTC 2008

On Wed, Apr 30, 2008 at 7:08 PM, Nigel Henry
<cave.dnb2m97pp at aliceadsl.fr> wrote:
>  > I have just compiled a program, which is immediately killed as soon as
>  > I start to run it. Any ideas about the reason why it is killed?
>
>  Hi Paul. It would help if you told us which program you're having a problem
>  with. perhaps one of us could also try it, and see if we get the same
>  results.
>
>  Which Fedora version are you using?

Thanks, F8, at my work. However, at home with F8 as well, no problem
occurs. After having untarred the Algencan source tarball to my home
directory, from

http://www.ime.usp.br/~egbirgin/tango/downloads.php

and run

make PROBNAME=toyprob

inside the Algencan directory, I get a binary file in

/home/psmith/algencan-2.0-beta/bin/fortran

When I run the binary, it is immediately killed.

Paul