apple boot partition causes error in install

Joel Rees joel_rees at sannet.ne.jp
Fri Aug 1 01:45:02 UTC 2008

Been mucking around with my vintage clamshell ibook, trying to get
fedora 9 to install in a multiboot configuration.

Today I hit what appears to be a show-stopper for me. I try to cut a
1 MB apple_boot partition and the partitioning software gives me an
error, says the size change can't be communicated to the kernel until
the next reboot. If I cut an apple_boot partition larger than 1MB,
the installer will not proceed, telling me the partition is too large.

I don't (yet) have enough experience with yaboot to try working
around this catch-22 in the installer.

Anyone successfully running F9 on an iBook?

Joel Rees