Stripes on screen after installing Fedora

Patrick O'Callaghan pocallaghan at gmail.com
Mon Aug 11 15:11:24 UTC 2008

On Mon, 2008-08-11 at 11:26 +0200, Bjørn Ivar Johnsen wrote:
> You see I finally got those "yum update" and the nvidia driver
> installation to work, (I think, Surely after I wrote the command
> "yum
> update", after giving the new repo adress for nvidia, it started
> downloading, at an incredible speed I must say, but now and for the
> last 5 minutes or so, the prosess seemed to stop. I now have a black
> screen full of text!!
> I can give u the latest line:
> "nautilus-extensions  x86_64  2.22.5.1-1.fc9  updates  45k"!
> The above lines are wery simular, just with different names!

Are you sure yum isn't waiting for you to type 'y' (to confirm the
update)? This is what it does if you do "yum update" rather than "yum -y
update". The incredible speed you're seeing isn't the packages being
downloaded, it's just yum checking what it needs to do.

If that is the case, type 'y' and it will proceed to download the
packages and install them. After that finishes, just reboot.

poc