F8 vs F9

Lyvim Xaphir knightmerc at yahoo.com
Wed Aug 13 21:55:43 UTC 2008

On Wed, 2008-08-13 at 14:08 -0500, Arthur Pemberton wrote:
> On Wed, Aug 13, 2008 at 1:56 PM, Lyvim Xaphir <knightmerc at yahoo.com> wrote:

> >> I presume you mean for accelerated desktop effects?  Certainly for 'normal'
> >> use there is no problem.
> >
> > "Normal" is folks who want to get the money out of their hardware as
> > opposed to a GNU cultist that's willing to accept substandard behavior
> > in the driver
>

> You casually call them cultist, but you feel comfortable using their software?

First of all, it's not the property of the cultists, it's everybodys
property.  Second of all, you astonishingly make the assumption that the
only ones contributing are those that drink the GNU kool aid and go to
the GNU dark masses.

Third, there are companies contributing to this effort; Nvidia, AMD/ATI
and others; they too are not part and parcel to the GNU zealots, but
have been victimized by it to a large degree.

LX