OT question about Macbook (OS X) file systems

Dean S. Messing deanm at sharplabs.com
Wed Aug 20 02:08:17 UTC 2008

Rick Stevens wrote:
> And you'd better use a "flipped" cable or it won't work.  Or two
> regular cables and a hub/switch.

Evidently the MacBook Pro has the ability to switch its ethernet input
automagically to mimick a null modem within its hardware.  That's
what the technical guy at the Apple story told me earlier today when
we discussed filesystems and such.  He also suggested networking the
machines but admitted that if I'd never touched a Mac it might not be
the best idea.

Dean