pulseaudio, howto make it work?

Russell Miller duskglow at gmail.com
Sun Aug 24 17:40:26 UTC 2008

Craig White wrote:

> I think you have personalized these things as if they were intended to
> make your attempts to use Fedora more difficult.

No.  Not personalized.  I know they're not intended to make my attempts
to use Fedora more difficult.  If anything, I'd say they were intended
to make my attempts to use Fedora easier, and failed.
> Perhaps you need to read Eric Raymond's 'The Cathedral and the
> Bazaar' [0] to get a better feel for the aspirations of Fedora because
> there is a release early and often philosophy that is easier to cope
> with when its understood.

I understand.  Like I said, I've been doing this for years, I've been a
contributor to the KDE project and have a couple of open source projects
of my own.  I understand how it works.

But I guess in the same vein I tend to expect a certain willingness to
cooperate out of the community.  The people on this list have generally
been open to discussion, while they still tend to insist that there
isn't really a problem.  The few interactions with bugzilla I've had,
however, leave a bad taste.

Perhaps I should just shut up and start raising a ruckus and submitting
patches.  Considering how things have been going, however, I wonder if
there's any chance at all of them being accepted.

--Russell