How to install emacs on Fedora9?

Antonio Olivares olivares14031 at yahoo.com
Fri Aug 1 00:26:26 UTC 2008

> How do I install emacs to Fedora9?

# yum install emacs

> or is there another recommended editor?
There is vi, it might be installed by default.

You may also have kedit if you use KDE, or gedit if you use GNOME.  You have many choices.

> one other thing, I like the C formatting style:
>

> if( x )
> [ tab   ]{
> [ tab   ]x = y ;
> [ tab   ]y = z ;
> [ tab   ]while( 1 )
> [ tab   ][  tab   ]{
> [ tab   ][  tab   ]printf( "?" ) ;
> [ tab   ][  tab   ]}
> [ tab   ]}
>
> where { and } are in the same column, and each level of
> nesting
>
> is another [ tab ]
>
> the code between 2 { and } chars is in the same column as
> the { and }
>

> with Fedora 3 I couldnt find how to get that on emacs,
>

> is there a way to get that formatting with emacs (which I
> havent yet gotten
> installed
>
> on Fedora 9) ?
If you install emacs, then you would have to play around with it so that it can do what you want.  I have used it sparingly.  I prefer to use kedit or gedit as they are easier to work with.  I have used vi a little bit more, but I am not an expert :(

> --

Regards.

Antonio