Can the automounting of LVM volumes be dangerous in any way?

Antonio Olivares olivares14031 at yahoo.com
Fri Aug 1 15:25:56 UTC 2008

Dear all,

I have a question regarding the automounting of LVM volumes like it is the default Fedora installation.  Is there any way that it is harmful when done from a linux live cd?

For instance in Slax, Tomas Matejicek, the creator of slax has been encouraged by me and others to implement it in Slax.  I believe it is an excellent idea.  I was wondering if there are any downnsides to having this done in this livecd or any livecd for that matter.

Thank you in advance for your input regarding this matter.

Regards,

Antonio