BD double send Q.

Bill Davidsen davidsen at tmr.com
Fri Aug 1 16:19:05 UTC 2008

Todd Denniston wrote:
> Bill Davidsen wrote, On 07/31/2008 11:53 PM:
>> <A nice suggestion>
>
> Bill,
> when you send to the fedora list, do you send to both
> fedora-list=redhat.com and gmain.linux.redhat.fedora.general ???

Of course, and I didn't realize the mail to news gateway was broken and
didn't prevent that. All the ones I've used (and written) have preserved
the message-id and the news server will reject the message if that's
done, and the news to mail gateway should pass on any message with the
list address in the headers (rather than bcc).

If I "reply" it goes to the nntp server only, and I have definitely had
problems with that getting back to the list. There seem to be filtering
rules or something.

I'll just set the group 'noreply=true' and stop the problem, at least on
my usual machine.

--
Bill Davidsen <davidsen at tmr.com>