Wireless LAN cards for Fedora?

Colin Paul Adams colin at colina.demon.co.uk
Fri Aug 1 19:14:47 UTC 2008

I bought a card that said Fedora on the box.

Well, i couldn't follow the install instructions (they were for FC4
but referenced a directory on the CD that didn't exist).

It's a Ralink rt73, so I followed the instructions at
http://fedoramobile.org/fc-wireless/rt2x00-wireless-lan-chipset
(but I downloaded the rt73 CVS snapshot)

and everything goes fine until in the dialog when I press the new
button, and select wireless card - the only card shown is "Other
wireless card".

Trying to use that takes me to ethernet stuff.

So I abandoned that, and did an lsmod - rt73 is loaded OK.

Clearly i'm almost there. Probably I can do this by editing config
files now. But how?

Any help much appreciated.
--
Colin Adams