How add a path to fonts to xset?

Paul Smith phhs80 at gmail.com
Sat Aug 2 15:18:47 UTC 2008

On Sat, Aug 2, 2008 at 3:45 PM, Patrick O'Callaghan
<pocallaghan at gmail.com> wrote:

>> > man xset
>>
>> Too complicated, Patrick! Is not there any gui?
>
> If you want a GUI you don't want xset. xset is for setting stuff
> (including the font path) from the command-line. And it's not that
> complicated: xset fp=list,of,directories
>
> What exactly are you trying to do?

I am trying to get Mathematica 6.0.3 to work. When I try to run it, I
get the following:

$ xset:  bad font path element (#23), possible causes are:
    Directory does not exist or has wrong permissions
    Directory missing fonts.dir
    Incorrect font server address or syntax

Any ideas?

Paul