How to swee youtube videos,

Björn Persson bjorn at xn--rombobjrn-67a.se
Sun Aug 3 19:42:53 UTC 2008

Rui Miguel Silva Seabra wrote:
> Yeah, it seems sometime in the past I lost my send_charset flag setting.
>
> So even though I was using UTF-8, mutt sent out

> NOT NICE :) sorry all, it's now fixed.

I don't see anything wrong in your message. The stated encoding matched the
actual encoding, so no standard was violated. You may send everything in
UTF-8 if you like, but you don't have to. What's important is that your email
client specifies which encoding it uses, and it did.

I'm not a Mutt user but I guess that if send_charset is unset it will
automatically choose the "smallest" encoding that can encode all of the
characters you used. In this case the ó couldn't be encoded in ASCII, but it
could be encoded in ISO 8859-1, so Mutt chose ISO 8859-1, transcoded your
text into ISO 8859-1, and specified "charset=iso-8859-1" in the Content-Type
header, quite correctly.

Björn Persson